The tool allows general diagnostics, programming, coding and key learning for BMW vehicles, as well as adaptation of used modules from one car to another.
The diagnostic functions of the AVDI for BMW generation 2 are comparable to the functionality offered by the official dealer software. Every unit has the same set of actuators and live data options that are provided to official workshops. But the information is presented in a much faster and convenient way, allowing the user to use whatever computer or operating system he likes, including mobile devices. The strength of the tool compared to other solutions on the market is that it allows simulations observation (either numerically or graphically) on any set of options that the user likes with no limitations on their number. The user can trigger actuator and observe live data from the same dialog. The resetting of the service intervals allows modification of the counter which shows how many times the value has been changed.
The software currently has support for key programming for F-series vehicles with a FEM/BDC module as well as reset and adaptation of the 8HP ZF Gearbox for F-series vehicles.
Using our state of the art guided function for key programming, the software allows the user to program a key for the vehicle even in ALL KEYS LOST situations. Even though the procedure requires for the EEPROM (ST M95128 or M95256) to be read, the steps are very detailed and effectively eradicate the possibility of user error.
Reset and adaptation of 8HP ZF Gearbox for F-series vehicles
Following our trend-setting approach of creating guided functions in order to facilitate a smooth reset and adaptation process, the reset and adaptation of the ZF-produces 8HP gearboxes installed in F-series vehicles is now an extremely easy task that can be completed even by the most novice users.
Allows reading and modification of the vehicle order in many different languages. Encoding of every unit of the vehicle with data from the vehicle order. The user is also allowed to tweak custom options in different modules to unlock behavior that is not allowed by the official software (like video in motion, different light options, etc.)
Serial number generation for the latest maps for NBT navigations
Re-flashing of the firmware of the modules with newer (or older if required) software versions. The user is presented with the firmware versions of each module and is given suggestions of what is the most proper version of each module. What distinguishes that function from what the original software tool provides is the ability to choose arbitrary flash version. The user can either accept or ignore the flash version suggestions and apply whatever operation they think is necessary to the module. This gives great flexibility and can solve problems that even the dealer tool could not tackle. For example, finding the best data flash of motor computers - AVDI programming function allows experimenting to flash every data flash that the user chooses to try, instead of firmly limiting the user to one specific option.
Observe the vehicle identification numbers (VIN) from all modules in one place. Ability to modify them which is a necessary tool for module replacement. VIN writing is also a useful instrument even for routine operations like flashing the firmware of DME (some modules require resetting the VIN at the end of the update). Observe the history of the module - the UIF (user info fields)
Key programming for CAS1, CAS2, and CAS3 vehicles
- Observe and modify key data in CAS. Enable / Disable key positions
- Key learning for all CAS1, CAS2 and CAS3 vehicles, including those with latest ISTA-P updates. If the user has working key for the car and wants to make a spare one, the key learning is a fast and easy process. If all keys are lost and a new one has to be made then the process is more complicated, but all the necessary tools are included in the package.
- Tag Programmer. Allows the user to observe, check and modify HiTag2 key data. The user is given hints for the key contents whether the data is consistent and options to correct it(very useful tool when the key is not an original BMW key).
The individual serial number is a mechanism to bind the modules to one specific car and prevent reusing modules from another car. The ISN of the DME is also needed data for key learning when all keys are lost.
- ISN reading from DME. We currently support DMEs for diesel and gasoline E series vehicles as well as DMEs for gasoline F series vehicles. In case of a problem with a specific DME, our team analyzes the problem at hand from the online logs and may add support to that motor computer dynamically on our server. The customer just has to repeat the operation without reinstalling anything. Some specific motor computers like MSV80/MSD80 are more complicated for ISN reading and require flash preprocessing to retrieve its data.
- ISN reading from CAS - supported are both the short 4B ISN (that is used by older motor computers and some automatic gear shaft) as well as the 16byte ISN that is used for authentication with most up to date motor computers.
- Recent CAS3 versions keep the ISNs encrypted in their EEPROM and decrypt it before authentication the DME. The AVDI software for BMW generation 2 allows the user to encrypt the ISN for these CAS3 versions.
- ISN reading from EGS - reading of the ISN from the Electronic Gear Shaft allows replacement and adaptation of used EGS from one vehicle to another.
- Synchronization status - quick view of the synchronization status between DME and CAS which allows quick troubleshooting of starting problems.
ISN matrix compatibility
|series 6||series 7||models
|models Z||models M||models Mini|
ISN matrix compatibility
View the mileage information from all modules in one place. Ability to modify the mileage for some modules for the purposes of module replacements.
AVDI for BMW, MINI is a Windows-based diagnostic software for dealer level access to the vehicles of the BMW group (identification, trouble codes and others), calibration, key programming, programming vehicle order is also available. This tool can access CAS1, CAS2, CAS3 and CAS3+ by OBDII independently from the firmware of the CAS. You can perform impossible for other diagnostic tools operations with the electronic modules inside of the vehicle such as programming Vehicle Order and Coding of electronic control units. Access to the memory of the units in the vehicle. Covers vehicles BMW series starting from E36 up to the latest models F series (F01,F10,F20,F25 and s.o.).
Functions included in the base package:
• Identifying all the modules
• Read and clear stored DTCs (diagnostic trouble codes). You can also see DTC conditions information, how often they occurred and at what mileage.
• Read and clear history DTCs
• Read and clear shadow DTCs
• Added DTCs in 17 languages: English, German, French, Thai, Swedish, Italian, Spanish, Indonesian, Korean, Greek, Turkish, Chinese, Chinese traditional, Russian, Dutch, Portuguese, Japanese
• DTC conditions information (Odometer value, Timestamp, full engine status report for EDC17)
• Disable and Enable DTCs setting while diagnostic session
• Some DTCs (mostly those of the F series) are given detailed documentation of what caused the problem and how the problem should be handled
• Measured values/live data
• Entering and leaving logistics mode of the modules in the vehicle
• Synchronization DME/DDE and EWS/CAS, CAS and ELV
• Enable / Disable of the keys
• Enable / Disable of TV function for E3x,E46,E5x,E83,E85,E86 (for later models it is available via unit coding)
• Ability for diagnostics of and through internal CAN buses
• Displaying KEY CUTTING code (mechanical code) stored in CAS modules
• EBRIDGE/Passthru - Compatibility with BMW - E-Sys, DIS, INPA, EDIABAS, NCS Expert, NFS over K-line and CAN bus
Car Access System Advanced Coding
Programming identification of the units, user information fields, read/write memory of the units
Programming keys for vehicles equipped with CAS1/CAS2/CAS3/CAS3+ by OBDII or cas/dash plug. Programming mileage stored in CAS1/CAS2/CAS3/CAS3+ by OBDII. Read/Update ConfData of CAS2/CAS3 by cas/dash plug
• Programming identification of the modules in the vehicle *
• Programming User Information Fields in the electronic modules *
• Read / Write of memory of the electronic control modules *
• Program mileage stored in CAS1, CAS2 and CAS3 by OBDII
• Program keys by OBDII - CAS1, CAS2 and CAS3 systems - support latest versions CAS3 updated in 2013 year
• Key programming for CAS3+ with latest firmware version (ISTA-P 48)
• Read / Update ConfData from CAS1 via OBDII
• Read / Update ConfData from CAS2/CAS3 via dash connector or cas-connector
• Read / Calibrate data stored in different electronic control units by OBDII like ECU, EGS, SGM, JBBF and many others
• Extracting and programming synchronization code between ECU and CAS by OBDII
• Ability to works together with transponder programmer
* Not granted for all type of control modules.
Electronic Gearbox System Synchronization
Perform synchronization/recovery between CAS, EGS and ECU
Advanced Coding Functionality
Reading and programming vehicle order data, reprogramming flash memory of all electronic
control units,E-series unit coding
• Programming flash memory of all electronic control units by OBDII (can be used directly datbases released from BMW)
• Read and Program Engine Control Unit flash memory for tuning purposes by OBDII
• Programming Vehicle Order data (you can add new units to configuration of the vehicle) - E body
• Coding (configuration) of each electronic control unit in the vehicle - E body
• Read / Update mileage from the IKE, LCM, EWS, ECU, ABS, VTG, EGS (please refer coverage list)
• Sensor calibrations
• Manager of service intervals, reset service reminders (CBS)
• FSC Code calculation for E and F-series
Key Preparation by Dump of CAS4 vehicles
Preparing a key by dump for BMW models with CAS4 - newest BMW 1, 3, 5 GT, 6, 7, X3 series ( body Fxx)